Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TCAF!



Hey, folks! Heads up to anyone who's in the area -- the Toronto Comic Arts Festival is this weekend, May 7th & 8th, at the Toronto Reference Library! More information up at the very lovely official site, including a schedule of panels and the terrifyingly talented folks who will be exhibiting. I'll be there myself, sharing a table with the super skilled double whammy of Vera Brosgol & Jen Wang, selling prints, buttons, a postcard set of selected Draw This Dress posts, and my first attempt at a mini comic! (This is my first time exhibiting at a comic festival too, so fingers crossed on not being too nervous to say hullo to any folks who happen by).

The above image is related to the mini I'm working on (and will be getting back to cutting & folding as soon as I post this), called That Night in June. It's actually a larger story told in six smaller parts (which can be read in any order), and consists of seven small minis that each relate to a member of a single family. I really want to thank Kate for helping me put tons of wee booklets together, because she is some sort of stapling prodigy and what's more has had the patience of a saint when it comes to dealing with a very stressed out me. So Kate's great, everyone -- I can never say it enough!

I'll be sitting at Table 109, which... should be pretty easy to spot, I'm thinkin':



WHAT ELSE. I believe that's it for now! Again, I definitely encourage everyone to check out the TCAF guests -- I'm beyond flattered to be exhibiting with all these fine folks, and the programming looks great. I'll update with more as it occurs to me!

ALSO: I'm going away for two weeks starting tomorrow, and likely won't have reliable internet access throughout all that time -- that, and I'll just be out doin' stuff! So if you're trying to get in touch with me, please be patient!

5 comments:

  1. hi emily!
    congratulations on a wonderful display at tcaf!
    I really loved everything you had on the table... and also, your badges were one of the best! got 4 of them myself :P
    congratulations once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I purchase your work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read That Night In June!!! How can I get my claws on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @chrisnolen: I have shop on my website (emcarroll.com), but currently there are only two prints available -- I hope to have more up soon though, and when I do I'll definitely post about it on the blog. Thank you very much for asking!

    @Hurricane Leslie: So far it's just in mini-comic form! I'm working out some ways to possibly display it online, or failing that just put the booklets up for sale. Will post here with any updates. :)

    ReplyDelete